Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint bullets getting bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwb

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
GB
This is a strange problem I've encountered when a presentation is deveoped on 2003, edited on 2007 and then brought back to 2003 for editing.

The first level bullets are fine.

The second, third and fourth level bullets and text get bigger by 2 points every time instead of smaller. It looks like the embedded template is completely screwed. Any idea how it can be fixed?

Are you embedding fonts between the two versions? If not, that could be your problem.

Canadian eh! Check out the new social forum Tek-Tips in Canada.
I should live a long time - I eat a lot of preservatives.

I'm not sure how this template works. How do I check whether the fonts are embedded or not?

Normally, 1st level bullets are 20pt, 2nd level 18pt, 3rd level 16pt. If I type in too much text, it automatically reduces - 1st to 18pt, 2nd to 16pt and 3rd to 14pt.

If I switch between versions and then check the template on the original, 1st is 20pt, 2nd is 28pt and 3rd is 16pt. I switch 2nd to 18pt but every so often, it reverts back to 28pt.

Also, what I find very strange is the template title is 44 pt but the normal is 20pt. If I click on the title bar, it magically jumps to 24pt and thereafter stays at 24pt.

When you save the file using "Save As...", there should be a Tools drop down in the dialog box - most likely at the bottom. From the drop down, if you choose "Save Options...", you should get the option to Embed the font.

Canadian eh! Check out the new social forum Tek-Tips in Canada.
I should live a long time - I eat a lot of preservatives.

Thanks - I'll try that when I get back to work on Monday

When you save it in 2007, save it back as a 97-2003 file if you want to open it in 2003 for editing.

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

Problem is that it is not me who is editing in 2007. It is someone else and I only get to discover it about 12-18 months later when they've moved off to pastures new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back