Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint As Overlay

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhaom

Programmer
Nov 25, 2002
IN
Does Powepoint Uses DirectDraw Surface while SLIDE SHOW. I guess Yes.
It can well be used as an OVERLAY Software for Video Industry. PS:: Talking about, OVERLAY of Text and All form of Graphics Over LIVE VIDEO using an Overlay-Box, not over an OFFLINE PLAYED AVI MOVIE in Media-Player.

Since drawing is on the FULL VIDEO Surface using DirectDraw during Preview, everyting and whatever played can well be SUPERIMPOSED (overlayed) on the LIVE VIDEO. I wonder why Microsoft has not used and publicised this as an OVERLAYED Product Also, which can be used with any Overlay-BOX. There are so many proructs in the market and costly too, LIKE Scala which are merely and extensively used in VIDEO, CABLE industries for the same purposes.

Why MS hasn't think of this and not launched Powerpoint as a Separate product also. Is there some limitations or shorcomings, in the above scenario with Powerpoint, Is that the reason. If yes, then please let me know what are those.

Our company is in the proceess of developing and also partnering a Product/Solution which will have this part (Overlaying), also as a common feature.
Please help !!

Best Regards
Rahul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back