Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintAugustine

Technical User
Aug 29, 2001
US
My boss sent me a Powerpoint presentation that someone else created. He wanted the bullet points to slide in via Animation, but for some odd reason, they won't. When I click the "preview" button in the Animation window, they behave accordingly, but when I click "ok" and switch to Presentation view to test it, there's no animation!!!

So, I created a new Presentation and went through the exact same steps, and lo and behold, the bullet points in that "control" presentation were animated, exactly as they were supposed to be.

Did the creator of this actual presentation flip some sort of "animation on/off" switch?? Any ideas?

Was there a version shift in the mix? i.e. was it made in 97, then viewed initially in 2k?

I have the same issue. Basically, I'm importing a homemade animation slide built in PowerPoint 2003 into a presentation that was originally built in PowerPoint 2000. The "preview" function of the animated slide worked properly, but the "presentation" of the slideshow only shows the slide in it's completed form, no animation. Anyone got an answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back