Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPoint Animation Loop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdeaver

MIS
Feb 8, 2002
US
Is there any way to make animation on a slide play continously? Selecting repeat in the options only repeats one picture, and I would like for pictures to keep fading in and out until I move on to the next slide.

You can make sound loop and the presentation itself, but as far as I know I haven't seen a way to loop the animation. I would think that maybe you can do it with a Macro, but not sure how to do that. Dawn

You can loop animation.

However, how you do it depends on what you have inserted.

If you insert for example Flash, then you will be able to loop the animation through the CONTROL TOOLBOX properties option (VIEW->TOOLBARS->CONTROL TOOLBOX). There is an entry called "LOOP". If set to true will loop your animation for your.

If you insert animation from the gallery (for example the target and arrows), then do the following:

1. Right click on the object
2. Select CUSTOM ANIMATION
3. Select the PLAY SETTINGS tab
4. Select MORE OPTIONS button
5. Check the LOOP UNTIL STOPPED box
6. Select OK

and that should do it. To start the animation in slideshow mode, click once on the object and it will continue to play until you move onto the next slide.

Good luck

Dawn, I have only ever looped animated clip art, so this should work for eveything that is animated. Why? Are you having problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back