Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPoint and Netscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonR

Technical User
Feb 21, 2001
US
Does anyone know of a trick (or plug in) to get a PowerPoint presentation to look good in IE and Netscape?

I have Office 2000 and FP 2000. I've saved a PowerPoint 2000 presentation as a web page, and published it to the server. The presentation looks great when the 'browser support' radio buttons had IE4 (or higher) checked. When I checked, IE and Netscape - or - all browsers, the presentation doesn't look right in either IE or Netscape.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or solutions to let PowerPoint pres. function properly in Netscape?

Many thanks!

Jon

Bottom line is, Netscape (or aggravator as I call it) just is bad. I don't think it can work correctly with powerpoint. You might have to do what I've done, and make 2 versions of your site. 1 for IE, and 1 for netscape. I have a good, clean, small javascipt code that redirects the person to a page depending on what browser they're using. Let me know ~Javrix

A broken clock is correct twice per day.

A roomful of monkeys on typwriters will eventually write the great american novel.

If you gave an infinate number of rednecks, an infinate number of shotguns to shoot at an infinate number of stree

Thanks, Javrix. I thought about the two versions as well.

Since each slide in my presentation is just a picture and caption, I may just create a separate HTML page for each slide and have left and right navigation buttons to make it look like a PowerPoint presentation.

Jon

Jon, I had the same trouble with Netscape. IE worked great for PowerPoint but Netscape totally messed with the slides... My work around was making available the PowerPoint Viewer which is a small download. I've started putting beginning computer lessons in PowerPoint on my site so I can usually get my clients that are interested to download the viewer and the file. I doubt that casual surfers will bother though. But in my case it works.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back