Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerplay - Reporter Measures 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailpack

MIS
May 19, 2003
GB
I am creating a General Ledger Profit and loss report.

Showing calcualted categories as rows and months year to date as columns, with Actual and budget nested under them.

i.e.
JANUARY FEBRUARY CUMULATIVE
ACT BUD ACT BUD ACT BUD
Sales £250 £230 £300 £450 £550 £680

I also have a measure of budget to actual variance.

I need to add the variance measure to the cumulative column ONLY. When I try bringing it across, just under the cumulative column, I get it for Jan and FEB as well.

Any help or technique would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Roger N Pearson
K2 Direct Ltd

Roger,

This is quite easy in reporter mode. I suggest you develope the columns using following steps

1) First Create top level columns i.e. Jan, Feb and Cumulative
2) Then drop the measure Actual. But be careful this time to use short drop zone (and not the long drop). e.g. Drop Actual in such a way that it gets added only below Jan. And repeat this process for Feb and Cumulative columns.
3)Take the same steps for Budget even
4) While dropping the variance measure, it will now allow you to put it only below cumulative column.

If you use long drop zone in the begining, PPlay assumes that subsequent drops should apply to all the columns.

Hope this helps

Vivek

Vivek,

Thanks for the TOP TIP!!

It has now worked per your response

Thenk you very Much.

Regards

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor