Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerplay for excel plug in DrWatson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2001
DE
I have an issue with the functionality of the plugin for excel basically the issue is this. When a windows 2000 user attempts to load the ppxlserver plugin the excel application DrWatson's with the following information:-
Application exception occurred:
App: excel.exe (pid=5984)
When: 27/01/2004 @ 13:49:32.359
Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)
I realise that there is a permissions issue here and indeed when I tested the same routine with admin privs the issue goes away. However I cannot find the permission problem. I've run both regmon and filemon ( against excel while I attempt the routine and even though I've changed permissions on all the files and registry keys that they report as access denied I cannot find the problem. Has anyone got any idea what I'm missing? To clarify the system is the following specification

Windows 2000 Server SP 4 with terminal services
Citrix Metaframe XPe
Office 97 pro
everything else on the machine is fairly standard latest acrobat reader. Latest Symantec AV, Winzip etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back