Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerplay drill through issue when report has summary filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwb1077a

Programmer
Jan 22, 2003
US
I have a problem with Powerplay Drill through to Impromptu when the report has a summary filter. The report eliminates the records it should eliminate when run from Impromptu. However, when drilling through from powerplay, some of the dimensions specs satisfy the exclusion of the summary filter so no data shows at all during drill through. I tried using another report for the drill through report without the summary filter but of course, I sometimes get more records than I should. I got around the problem by using an intermediate hotfile but I am wondering if there is a better solution since I now have more overhead.

Any suggestions??

Thank You
lwb

If you're drilling through to this report, I would question the validity of the Summary Filter. It seems to defeat the purpose. Your dimensions should be doing all the filtering that is different than your initial data.
Perhaps if we had a clearer understanding of what exactly you're trying to accomplish, we might be able to offer more helpful suggestions.

Pain is stress leaving the body.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

The cube has cases built of many job steps that can be drilled down into. We normally would have a step 1, step 2, step 3, etc. The reason for the summary filter is to eliminate any data items that do not have a step 1. This could occur because step 1 may have occured in a previous period and we are only looking at items that have sequential steps in the same period. In the calculation, if no step 1 exists, the value is returned as null. The summary filter eliminates these items. However, it also eliminates valid steps when drilled back from the cube.

Sorry lwb1077a, I'm a little slow today. Can you give me a bit of a visual example of your records? It appears to me that your data is not stored appropriately for the type of reporting your require.

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back