Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPivot data refresh error

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottcabral1979

Programmer
Mar 16, 2012
US
I recently setup PowerPivot for Sharepoint 2010, installed all necessary products and setup all services and permissions on the server, including the PowerPivot Unattended refresh account.

I created a PowerPivot workbook which connects to our SQL Server data warehouse. I was able to save to the PowerPivot gallery and can open the workbook and work with the slicers.

However, when I create a data refresh schedule using the "Use the data refresh account configured by the administrator" option, i get the following error when it tries to refresh:

"Target application not found (application id: PowerPivotUnattendedAccount). (unable to send notification email)"

I've tried using different accounts for the PowerPivot unattended account, checked permissions on the data source, but nothing seems to work. I've checked the ULS logs, but don't see anything having to do with refresh or PowerPivot failures.

Does anyone have any steps I can take to ensure all my processes are correct? I must be missing something somewhere along the line.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back