Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPath

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidden75

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2005
US
Ugggh. Powerpath is werid. I'm running 2k3 server with powerpath 4.4 installed. I have two emulex hba adapters LP8000's.. I have installed the OEM EMC emulex drivers.

I setup with navi failover, and also registered the two HBA's to the host.

For some reason powerpath will not ever see that it has any adapters.. It always show the devices as "0".

does anyone know how to get powerpath to see the adapters.

Thanks
Dave

hello some more questions:
1. do the adapters show up even if there is no path to the raid system, i mean do they show up without a fabric connection
2. the fc4500 is not suported by the 4.4.1 version , is that the reason why it is not working
3. i have used on different system win2000, win2003 different adapters they never showed up. the only common think on all boxes is veritas backup, might that be the problem?
thx
kewitz

What version of PowerPath are you using, licensed, or utility kit?

The LP8000's are very old and am not sure if they are compatible with the new version of PowerPath.

Have you logged into Navisphere using Engineering mode and checked your Storage Group to make sure that it is seeing all paths?

I have fixed the powerpath issue. LP8000's support PP. 4.4 and 3.0.6 PP both work.

Engeering mode can be enabled by doing control-shift-F12 from Navisphere and entering the correct password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back