Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPath - how to suspend hba path

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondebbs

MIS
Dec 28, 2005
US
Hello, I have a windows 2003 server running exchange. It has 2 emulex HBAs connected to two old Brocade switches and cx700. We will be moving the host to two new Cisco MDS switches one at a time while the system stays up serving email.

Is there a powermt command to safely pause all acctivity on one HBA while I unplug from the old brocade and plug into the new MDS? I will then zone to the first new MDS switch - do a rescan from disk admin to discover all Luns on first hba. If all works well I will follow the same procedure for the second HBA.

I see a powermt set mode standby and also powermt remove. I'm using Power Path 4.2 on these older servers. I need to prove to the Exchnage guys that I can do this safely without interupting email.

Thanks - Brad

powermt set mode=stansby hba=xx

then when you've done your work, 'set mode=active'

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back