Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerEdge SC1420 Boot up - Press F1 to continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIsom

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2007
US
Running Windows 2003 Server R2. During boot up the option to 'press F1 to continue' or 'press F2 to enter setup' is presented and boot up pauses until either F1 or F2 is pressed.

How do I eliminate this option and continue to boot up automatically? My server will sometimes reboot after O/S updates from Microsoft and always stops at this point. This is a problem on weekends when I'm off and other people are working.

Read the line above "Press F1" to continue" to find the actual problem. There's multiple reasons for this to happen (chassis intrusion, memory size change, etc.)

There is no error message prior to the 'press F1' option. The line above the Press F1 option says: "BIOS Successfully installed!"

This seems to be a normal part of the Poweredge boot up process. Whenever I reboot, for whatever reason, the process ALWAYS stops at the Press F1 or F2 statement and waits until one of those keys is pressed.

Maybe I should contact Dell???

Perhaps you just need to enter the bios (F2) and save what's there. Some manufacturers do this after a bios update to get you to review any possible changes to the settings.

try to run default settings at the bios (all Led´s at the keyboard on then Alt+F) to solv the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back