Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poweredge 4400 and DLTIIIxt tape drive with HD-50 pin cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianaf

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
GB

Hiya!!!

well, After long time researching, finally I can make the question....I got an External compaq DLTIIIxt 15/30 tape drive, which has a scsi2, HD-50-pin cable and I have a DELL poweredge 4400 server. Do I need another scsi host adapter for get them connected?. If the answer is yes which one?

I don't have an external scsi connection in the server. And I have been looking for something inside but I think, nothing supports external connection

Thanks a lot!
Diana Milena.

If it doesn't have an external SCSI port you probably are better off buying a cheapish PCI SCSI card and connecting it to that. You could maybe get away with removing a PCI expansion blanking plate and running a SCSI cable through this and connecting it onto the motherboard but it's not a great way to have a server running ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back