Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poweredge 2650 SNMP change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2011
US
We currently have several Dell Poweredge 2650's and 750's that have been monitored via OpenManage Administrator SNMP to a monitoring server which collects data (fan status, rpms, temperatures, etc). Recently one of the four 2650's stopped receiving SNMP info. Even in Dells OpenMange Administrator the OID's that stopped being monitored stopped showing in the OpenManage.

I have done an SNMP walk on the entire server and the OID's are no longer supported. All 4 servers are running BIOS A20, ESM 3.35 and RAC firmware 1.01. I upgraded this server and another to A21 which caused a second to lose SNMP info for the fans, power supplies, temps, and voltages. That server I down graded the BIOS back to A20 and they came back. No luck doing that with the original problem server.

Any help would be appreciated as to why I have lost the ability to gather information from this server via SNMP and OpanManage Administrator.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back