Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poweredge 2450 raid install 512 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrojanSquirrel

Technical User
Apr 1, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have a Poweredge 2450 that decided to eat itself two days ago! The containers on the array all went missing obviously the machine wouldn't do anything. I have the machine back to a point where I can start the install of Win 2000 server.

The correct drivers have been downloaded from Dell and on install I F6 and try to install them. This is when I get the "File txtsetup.oem has caused an unexpected error (512) at line 1044" Error message.

I have tried two different floppys with the same result. Could it be a bad file structure on the driver disk? Or just my floppy drive packed up?

It's driving me nuts, and as I can't find the original Dell install disks it looks like i'm stuck with this problem.

Regards,

Rob

sig1.gif

This could be part of a large issue since all of the drives in the array went missing. Rebuild the array. Leave the machine on for 24 hours. Then check the status of the array from the BIOS. I had a similiar issue and it ended up being the onboard RAID card.

M. Brooks

I thought that might be the case as well, but all seems ok now it's been rebuilt. All the disks show up on post and the containers are all there.

I'll check the bios now to see if all is still ok.

Regards,

Rob

sig1.gif

The array was striped before, and it looks like one of the drives failed.

I'm a bit new to this I'm afraid. I ran a check on the disks and one seems to have a few "issues"! I presume this would have caused the failure to install the raid drivers.

The remaining two drives are now running the disk scrub, so it looks like I'll have to wait a while to see the results.

Regards,

Rob

sig1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back