Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerEdge 1750

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwyodapink

Technical User
Nov 12, 2009
US
I was given a poweredge 1750 from a friends dad who was upgrading things at his office. Well when I plugged it in it powers up and seems to boot but I get no video out of either video port on the front or back. I am not familiar with these at all nor really servers in general. The only other thing I noticed when opening it up was there was an amber light next to a black plug with a small gray battery pack on it that says rechargable. Let me know if there any other info I can post to help identify the issue with this. Your help and effort is much appriciated.

Are you getting any beeps?

If there are memory related errors, you often will not get any video. Try swapping memory modules. If you don't have any that are the right speed for this server, then at least try reseating the ones you have.

fyi, that rechargable battery pack is probably for the RAID controller (I am just guessing here).

You were right its something to do with my memory. Its giving me a 1-3-2 beep which according to dells site is an error with the memory. Also said it has to be registered memory and I didnt have any and didnt even know about it until I read about those beeps. So I guess thats why I am getting the error. Hopefully once I get the right kind of ram all will be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back