Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerchute Network Shutdown interface not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

dparrott

MIS
Jul 26, 2004
US
Hey all,

I recently purchased the network management card for both our UPS's. On 9 out of 10 of the servers, there is no problem with the software. I hooked up the servers and installed, and bam, the IE interface opened letting me configure the shutdown events and such. One of the servers did not work. The installer worked fine (or at least didn't give me any errors, and it looked exactly the same as the other 9 installs), but the IE page doesn't work. I get a "Page cannot be displayed" error using all of the following: the User Interface shortcut in the start menu, and All those url's do point to the same machine (pinging them all returns responses). There is not a firewall on the server. We tried uninstalling the software, restarting, and reinstalling, without change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

try reinstalling java. and make sure the user names and passwords are the same if you have on centralized apc powershute business server software.

I have reinstalled Java, and the issue persists. Any other ideas?

just for the heck of it try using mozilla to access the agent.
i know the page needs java for it to work and if the ie java extensions are corupted in ie then you will have to use another browser. I have not figured out how to repair a corupt extension in ie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back