Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerBuilder 15 Observations and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaRoja

Programmer
Sep 21, 2010
US
Hello,

I have just started testing out the PB 15 beta. The migration was fairly painless, but I have run into a few oddities. I have looked around trying to find forums where people are talking about their PB 15 experiences and I have found none. I also do not see any feedback areas on the SAP PB site. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places. If anyone has a link to any discussion groups for PB 15, I would appreciate it if you would post it.

As I said, I have just started mucking with the software. Here are the issues I have run into so far:

* The application fails to connect to the database on the first attempt but always succeeds on the second (I have not investigated the cause yet).

* One dddw (that I have seen so far) comes up with Chinese characters in the text (which should be blank) but those characters disappear once you click anywhere on the window.

* One of our Datawindows was issuing a "ORA-01007" error (variable not in select list). The migration does not change the "Release 11.5" entry at the top of the Datawindow to "Release 15." I changed it to 15 and it ran fine.

* A call from a frame to the resize event of a sheet fails unless the "SizeType" parameter for the resize event is included in the argument list.

Those are the issues we have encountered so far. I am interested to find out what experiences others have had. I have not ran any performance comparisons between 11.5 and 15. At the moment I am just trying to get things cleaned up.

There it is,

LR

The 'official' PB15 Beta site is hosted by SAP in the 'Powerbuilder Developer Center' Here is the link.

It would have been better if they had set up a separate forum specifically for PB15 but oh well... Use the category 'Powerbuilder 15 Beta' as a search criteria in the 'Discussions' area. There have been some bugs reported and SAP has created tickets for them. The current beta runs out on Feb 8 but a second one/extension is in the works.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back