Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerbuilder 12.5.2 Full Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxavier

Programmer
Jul 9, 2015
US
Hello,

I have created a few new windows and user objects/nvo's. When a full build is created so that the latest version of my company's software includes my additions, we're finding that the functionality that I have added is not included.

We did a quick test by using 'Deploy' on the target, and the build log file is showing that the objects are being built and regenerated, but for some reason they are not being written.

I've tried to search the webs, but I could not find any posts on this issue.

Can I get any tips on why this is occurring?

Are the objects checked in from source control?
Does the build machine have the latest source?
Where does the project put the .pbd files when built?

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

Hello, sorry for the large gap in replies.

We have somewhat figured out a solution. Our guy who does the builds compared one of my uo files and one of the older uo files in a pbl to see if there was any difference between them.
The only difference that he could find that the older file was being referenced by another file in the same pbl... which we don't understand why that's a key information. To test, he decided to add a random Open() to another file so that my window gets a reference in the pbl... not sure why, but this works.
My window originally was put in a separate pbl from the window that is opening the window because it will have a common functionality for use among different windows, so the window never had a reference to it in the separate pbl. As far as I know, there are other windows that work just fine tho they are not in the same pbl as our root manager window.

To answer mbalent, yes they're checked in from source control. Yes the machine has the latest source. The project puts the pbd files in our latest build folder (I will have to double-check on this).

In any case, thanks for the reply, and though the solution is hacky (originally the file lived in our 'common' pbl but now is moved to our 'inv' pbl because that's where the parent window is located) we will keep pushing forward so that there's no more time spent on this issue.

If anyone can provide an explanation or a theory as to why this is happening though, please do leave a note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back