Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerBook G4 NEW with SuperDrive. Charger Issue HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsodmike

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
GB
Hey there!

I just got my new Powerbook G4 (with 10.2.3 OS X)...

Took it out, plugged it in and booted it up...alwas fine...until...the damn glowing powerjack (was orange) went off at about 74%... odd I thought. Pulled it out and put it back in no luck. Offed and Oned the power to the transformer) and presto, it went green/orange. Got to 99% eventually, and then AGAIN OFF...

THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! I want it to stay on for ever, like charge then run off the WALL!!!..ARGH pls help. About to update to 10.2.5

Mike

Hi Mike,

Mine has never gone off at 7x% but it does sometimes stop (go green) at 99%, when it does this, i let the battery drain fully and then re-charge the whole thing and all seems to be fine.

It is important to let the batt drain fully from time to time..

CyberWarrior

Please let us know what you think of posts, feedback is always appreciated as this will help to further our knowledge as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
All that's required for evil to suceed is for good men to do nothing.

Solved it. Make sure you dont have any fridges or anything of the sort connected to the lap. Flourecant lamp, thermostats, compressors etc all affect the apple transformer block. They cough spikes into the mains, and this thing is amazingly sensitive. I've been able to do a full 24 - 30hrs on green...plug the fridge in as a test, and after 15mins it goes off (swap to battery mode...)

Still a sweet laptop!!

Thanks, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back