Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POWER6 connection to HMC speed settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreFeo

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
ES
Hi,

I've had some issues connecting a new System p 520 POWER6 to an existing HMC.

The HMC was already connected to a System i 520 POWER5.
We've connected both servers to HMC using a 4-port 10/100 LAN-hub, but the HMC didn't see the new POWER6 server (the old 520 connected OK).

We've removed the mini-hub and connected directly the HMC to the POWER6 server, and it connects and everything goes OK. We've reconnected thru the hub and again HMC doesn't see the new POWER6. Checked the cables and the hub ports, and everything's OK, except it doesn't see the server.

So we've tried with a 1GB ethernet switch, and everything's OK, ther server connects to the HMC and everything runs fine.

It seems that the new POWER6 SFP HMC port is fixed at 1GB, is this OK? Is there a way to change this?

Thanks

In ASMI I would think you can still modify the settings for HMC1 and HMC2 ports. Was the case on p5 and p5+, so should also be possible to change port settings on p6...

HTH,

p5wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back