Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power Supply monitoring problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

igortsin

MIS
Dec 3, 2003
CA
Hi.

I have Proliant 1600 running Windows NT4. I can monitor this server, but one very important device I can see properly. Power Supply. I reapply Proliant SP for this machine and last version of the Insight Manager Agent , but it does not help.
It shows the button of the “Power Supply” like active, but without green frame around, and when I push the button the only information I can see is “ Not Supported”.
Any idea???

Thanks

I do not belive this server supports power supply load monitoring. If you have redundant power supplies, it will still alert you if one fails, (very easy to test) if you do not have a RPS then this is irelevent and you will be notified when the server goes off-line.

I have another server, same hardware configuration and same OS.
It works.
I can't see which power supply is bad. If any of PSs(server itself and external storage) has some problem Insight Manger shows like server's PS is bad. :( .

That is odd, are they both running the same version agents, configured configured exactly the same?

Thanks .

Yes, same hardware, same OS, same agent. I tried to update the agent, but same picture. I can not monitor PS status.

The only other thing I can think of if the config in the agent control panel is correct would be a firmware update.

It could be, but still.. Like I mentioned in previous message - both servers have same configuration. And same firmware version. I do not have phisical access to this server. It is one thousand kilometre far from me. I just think about another problem . May be one of the cabels is not connected properly???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back