Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power supply for BCM 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimeSMJ

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2004
US
Last Sunday our BCM 400's power supply died after about 2 years of use. I looked around the Internet for a replacement where I found a couple going for about $350. Call me cheap but I thought that was a bit much for what looked like a standard P/S... so instead I went to Best Buy and picked up a 350W Antec SmartPower 2.0 P/S for $60.

So far everything's been working fine - no problems at all. The only thing really that was an issue is that you need to make sure that the new PCI-X 4 pin plug (that's included with most new power supplies) is NOT confused with the 4 pin mother board power connector.

During the install, I also proactively replaced the expansion cabinet's power supply as well... the only issue I had with this is to turn the power supply upside down so the screw holes line up.

I've done that before myself - almost all power supplies are the same these days.

TThis is the OEM supplier fot Nortel Power supply's. I have bought many from this company.

Victor Wong [victorw@sparklepower.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back