Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

power supply connections 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tybee

Technical User
Sep 24, 2001
US
I have a 300W ps which has a four wire connector that I can't figure out where it might go. The wires are two black and two yellow if that helps. The is nothing on my Gigabyte MOBO that is need of this connector. many thanks.
Jim

some power supplies have both at and atx plugs on them

Later
NEo81 >:):O>

I think it may be you power supply fan,
some motherboards i know ,allow control and monitoring of power supply fans as well.

see if to motherboard has a psu fan controller (not the CPU fan controller)

otherwise you don't need it.

You must have a P4 power supply. MB's for the P4 processors require more power than the earlier P3 and Athlon processor MB's.

P4 power supplies typically have a 20 pin and a 6 pin connectors.

Pete, You picked the P4 right on; i hadn't seen the model number that closely before. The connector to the MB is a 20 pin but the remaining 4 pin has nowhere to go on the MB. This Gigabyte MB does not support the P4 but it does do the Athlon 1000. I will assume that i won't need to plug this anywhere. Many thanks ...Tybee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back