Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power problems with IPO 406 v4.2.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJCA53

Technical User
Jan 18, 2008
US
We recently went through an issue with a power outage in one of our offices. Things appeared to be fine; the controller came back on line as it should. That was Friday.

On Monday morning, the controller went down and had to be restarted manually. The logs show that there was another power failure for the controller, but the UPS it is connected to and the server also connected to the same UPS did not show any issues at the same time. The plugs were all checked to make sure they were seated properly right after the power outage on Friday. The logs don't show any idea as to why the controller thought the power failed on Monday.

It has been my experience that these controllers are touchier than other devices when it comes to power, but it doesn't make sense that nothing would be showing up anywhere else. Any advice or clues as to what else we could be looking at? Do the power bricks get flaky sometimes?

Power supply for Ip 406 may be going bad..

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Any indicators to look for in the log besides the 'contact lost' in the log? I don't really have one that I can swap out with it to test.

Unfortunatley that is the only warning you get, that and the physical loss of lines/power on the handsets :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

k - I will talk to the vendor and see if we can get another power supply to try out on the controller. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back