Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power Pivot Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayRo71

Technical User
May 13, 2020
US
Hi, I have created a one to many relationship. When create my Power Pivot Table, every value from the second table is shown for each value of the first.

For example.
If my primary key is Street Address. Table1 has only one record for each street address. Table2 has multiple records for each street address. So I created a one to many relationship between the two tables. Table 2 also has a "Property Name" field. There is only one property name from each street address in table 2. Unfortunately, when I add property name from Table2 to the Power Pivot Table, every value of Property Name from Table2 is shown for every Key value of "Street Address".

SHOWN:

1 Colonial Street
Maple Downs
Gables

29 Fisher Street
Maple Downs
Gables

SHOULD BE:

1 Colonial Street
Maple Downs

29 Fisher Street
Gables

Any ideas what could be going wrong. My example is simplified, but the problem is happening with about 50 addresses and 50 property names shown for each address.

Thanks.

Hi,

Need to see the relevant row(s), including column headings, for each table, not just the result you get or desire.

Also, what application are you using?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back