Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power PC 403GA, 3 Adapted 7880 ibm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2003
GB
hello everybody
I have bought the above item of ebay to try and run in my ibm netfinity3000.I am totally new to this raid game.In order to update the bios and bits on it do I use the 7686 onward discs off the ibm site ServeRAID Version 3.50C?
the card might be a bit poorly as one of the screens flashes and I am unable to select anything as it seems to keep runing through numbers.Do I need to have harddrives attatched to update the settings and stuff?
At the moment I am running three scsi drives via adaptec scsi card,how do I keep this card as been the one the system sees first?as every other card I have put in is always seen first,thus preventing operating system booting up,any idea welcome,thanks

IBM Director ?whats that...oh bumber I dont know anything
why are pc,s so bloody complicated,well I,ve finished talking to myself,I need a brain download,thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back