Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power outage pushed STP issue - now users are experiencing intermittent dead gaps in voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Wallace

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2023
US
Recently experienced some dead powerconnect (DELL) switches result of power failures. In replacing switches trying to maintain similar landscape but now phones (mostly IP 6930) are experiencing dead air gaps in conversations or delayed voice delivery. I suspect something to do with STP but not sure of streamline switch/Mitel config (I am told streamlines are not STP enabled), powerconnect switches are STP enabled. I am getting errors like this but not sure how to remedy, the IP mentioned is not a phone but a automated work bell scheduler:
"An IP device, with DN 3460, registered at CDP L2 MAC address 00:22:EE:09:8F:47, CDP L2 Port eth0, CDP L2 IP Address: 192.168.10.202"

In the device registration logs, the CDP L2 IP Address is the neighbor device detected by the phone via CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocol), which normally would be the management IP of the switch (assuming it is capable of using CDP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back