Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power Management Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

plarrondo

MIS
Mar 8, 2006
US
I have a question about power management setup. I have an Ultra 25 with Solaris 10. I see that the minimal setting is for saving the power display. I want the disks and other devices to always stay on even idle, but I want the monitor to go to sleep when idle, to save the screen. How do I setup the power management GUI in CDE to accomplish just that. I want the machine devices, disk drives etc to stay on even when idle, but I want the monitor/display to go to sleep when idle to save energy after 10 to 15 minutes, until you move the mouse or touch keyboard. Specifically to power save at night when know one is using the workstation. Is there an easy way to do this, the GUI options are kind of confusing? Maybe I am making this harder than it really should be? Any help?

I have tried to set it up and I can get the monitor to go to sleep for about 15 minutes but, then it wakes back up for no reason? I must not be setting it right?

Thanks,
PEL

Adding to this post, this is happening when the user is logged out and at the login screen at CDE login screen where they would enter their username. Why would it go to sleep and the monitor turn off, but then wake back up if the mouse and keyboard is not activated....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back