Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power Line Ethernet Adapter or Mesh Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Has anyone installed these for IP sets and what brand/models?
I am curious to the specs required from the adapters if any needed.

I am running Norvaya 1100 series IP sets with exp modules on a BCM50.

WiFi not really required as I have AP's installed but I am very open to go Mesh assuming the remotes have an R45 outlet.

Thanks

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Update

I bought one for testing and I can confirm it works for the Norvaya IP 1140e's with an add-on 18 button module.

Note: it said not to use in receptacles that also operate fridges, microwaves etc.

This is the model I purchased for $99.00 CAD
D-Link PowerLine AV2 2000 Gigabit Starter Kit DHP-701AV

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Will you be running multiple phones this way in a single area? I'm curious to know if that will work but have a feeling that it might not.

These will not work if the power outlets are on different phases (different sides) of the electrical panel or if the pass through a transformer.

Marv ccna

Also you need to make doubly sure that there are no CFL lightbulbs that are wired through dimmers or fluorescent lights on the newer motion sensing light switches that "ramp up" the light when it comes on. They can only be on instant on sensor or plain old switches. Otherwise they dirty up the electrical lines and throw all kinds of bad signals at your electronics.

Sean655
There will be only one phone in this case.

You can install a hub/switch...some have issues and some do not.
It depends on a lot thought.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I have a cheap D-Link powerline and run 3 phones, 1 desktop, 2 laptops and a virtual IP Office server connecting to the basement internet feed.
Not any more issues than before when it was hardwired.
But I also rarely make more than 2 calls at the same time while working on 1 laptop doing remote work.
I did some sort testing and I get about 150 MBS on the connection while my internet is only 11 Meg down 3 meet up so the powerline adapter is never the bottleneck for me.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back