Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

power from 3102 phone hangs nbx v3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRomao1

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
US
hi all, i am having an issue with phone system going down. so the Scenario is i have a NBX V3000 Ver.R6_5_22 with about 25 3102b phones and about 15 sip phones. what's happening is when someone inadverently kicks the power to the 3102 phones or they unplug the power to the phone with the ethernet cable connected the system hangs and no calls can be made. i have to go into the phone system web gui, which that is still running granted the system is still hung. i go thru the web gui and restart it. But if i unplug ethernet cable out first then unplug phone everything is fine, just the opposite that i am having issues with. thanks in advance. any suggestions would be great as i tried researching this problem online

Hi MRomao1, are the data and electrical networks grounded properly? Is there any other associated problem when this happens?

Hi PCasi thanks for the reply. i have checked the system and it is grounded. what happens is if one of the 3com phones power gets unplugged the system and phones hang. i have to go into the web gui and resart the phone system. it's just a pain in the ass if someone new doesn't know the procedure to unplug the network cable first and then the power to the phone it all hangs.

Thanks Again for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back