Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

power failure by dsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd110

Technical User
Sep 18, 2003
AT
hi to everybody

in my 3 lim bc9 system i have a class 4 alarm

102 power failure detected by dsu in lim 2 magazine 0

(only lim 1 has duplicated dsu's per magazine)

everything seems to work fine

so what's up ?

try this first,

ALDAR:CODE=102;
ALREI;
ALDAS:CODE=102,CLASS=4
(CLASS could be CLA, sorry from memory)

if real power alarm, it will come in again.

tomd110,

forget lancbomb's reply as the alarm WILL come back.

can you provide us a printout of the alarm (ALLOP;) the
INFx paramater will provide enough info to determine what's wrong.

I suspect one of the voltages on your PU4DC/RG5DC is missing. You can test this yourself by measuring the voltages on the testpins.

lancbomb, stop using the ALDAR command, as it really doesn't make any sense using this command unless you intent to delete some anoying alarms like code 38.

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

The alarm indicates that there is a power missing from the power board in LIM 2.
The correct action is to measure which power is actualy missing (this is usually stated in the ADDINFO).
If power is missing your power board is probably broken.

If all power is correct you should replace the DSU board since that could be faulty as well.

The reason you don't notice aything is because there might be power missing that your are not using. F.e. there is a ringing voltage for analoge phones. If there are analoge phones in the magazine they might not have ring tone etc. anymore, if there are no analoge phones in that magazin you will not notice naything wrong.

Question to Lancomb, why are you always using ALDAR and ALDAS? For solving alarms you never need these to commands.

Here the meaning of the ADD Info's for alarm code 102

ADD INFO 1: 0 - 3 = States DSU

ADD INFO 2:
0 = DSU board is missing -5V
1 = DSU board is missing +12V
2 = DSU board is missing -12V
3 = DSU board is missing -48V
4 = DSU board is missing RGA (ringing voltage)

In the most cases REU-Board is the problem. Use cnrec to correct this.

for i've already done what lancbomb suggested (aldar/aldas)
the class4 alarm didn't come back

the addinfo of the 102 error was

102 power failure detected by dsu

alp noif equ inf1 inf2

1 1 002-0-**-** 1 2

REU & CNREC is only applicable if the addinfo is 4 and the lim can't see the ringer voltage. In this case it's 2 which is loss of -12v in lim 2 mag 0, so check the voltage on the power card. the alarm will come back overnight i bet... as you have duplicated processor with no spare DSU slot you will have to swap out the faulty power card by powering the magazine off first.

tomd110,

just to make this clear :

addinfo 1 (inf1) states the magazine where the voltage is missing. so in your case the problem lies in magazine 1

Lancbomb, I mostly noticed that your recommendation is to ALDAR the code. Is this the way you fix your problem??? Poor ericsson customer your working for.

Dear all,

I give advice, you "dont" have to take it.
The advice I give is on my experince working for /// and D.

We "all" have ways of going about resolving problems, given the fact that the information we get for faults, is usually only about 10%, misquoted, with no prints and sometimes not even written down properly.

We dont even get a list of what people have done to diagnose/resolve the fault, before it gets here.

If a suggestion doesnt work then come back and I can help further.

This was origianlly reported with no information or prints, in my experience the Aldar works, if it is a "real power alarm" it will come back. I should have added that.

Pls check all voltages etc to proove that this is not a major power alarm. But hey I'm just human and would assume somone has done this.

SO I really would appreciate less of the negative comments

cheers

LB

So I'd appreciate less of the "why do you" comments

we're just reacting because using aldar is not the normal procedure, that's all...

after 24 hours the class4 102 alarm is back

this time with addinfo inf1 = 0

after measuring i found the -12V on the PU5DC board in mag0 and mag1 missing

Hi,On one site I maintain remotely remotely, I was getting a power alarm class 4 code 769 alp1 noif 1. An engineer was sent to the site and the PU4DC and ALU1 was changed but the alarm remained. I read LANCBOMB's tip about ALDAR - removed it , replaced it and the alarm is now clear. Don't knock experience -- 'TIPS' is what it is all about. Not a lot of us speak PLEX.
Thanks Lancbomb.
Cheers

hi,
yeah, from my perpective, there are different fixes for the same thing. I've had faults where I've followed the book, then PSG help, only to get nowhere, then "as if by magic" the fault clears on "I'll try an Alrei one last time !"

Go figure ?

I have no "in-depth" explanation, however it seems to me that this wonderfull MD, tends to get its knickers in a twist at times.

I'm sure that you can fix problems with SACOP'ing, a full in-depth PLEX diagnostic and other magical spells. BUt sometimes the simple things work too.

I was told that little pearl when I was out in the field, ohh around 4 years ago, and someone did give me a reason why it works, but it does, I've also seen it work on other things.

Of course any power fault (and other fault) should alway's be checked properly. but if it works dont knock it, and if it doesnt work, come back and we'll try and help further,

cheers for the comments snakeblitsen ;)

take care all

happy MOnday (its going to be another long week) ;)

My 2 cents to support lancbomb.

I've 4 sites with VERY old hardware, currently loaded as BC10.
Every 2-3 month some LIMs there start to generate 102 and 104 alarms referring to Mag 3.

But there are only 2 (two) magazines in every LIM....
Very clear software glitch, from my point of view.

Should I spend a time with fault investigation if the customer is happy with current antic version and HAVE NO REAL TROUBLES, affecting trafic?

ALDAR+ALREI+ALDAS -->alarm gone for next couple of month.

And who will kick me for this?
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back