Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power Edge 2650 received EOD76 error drive failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
May 3, 2006
US
Hi,

I have a Dell PE2650, it seems like the drive failed, I see the 2nd disk has no activity and the 1st disk has green light with the amber light blinking; can you instruct me what is the fix for it? What are the steps should I proceed? this is my database server, help.

Many thanks,

to comfirm again, I am not sure if it is set to raid 1 or not, I only see two drive has activities; can I unplug the one without the light on?

If it is RAID 1, yes you just pull the drive and replace it.

Weird, I just had a PE2850 do the same thing an hour ago.

how do I find out whether is raid one or something else, because I wasn't theone who setup the sytsem

You can reboot and go into the RAID config tools when the server is coming back up.

If you're running Windows, you may be able to:
Start->Programs->Dell OpenManage Applications->Array Manager->Array Manager Console. In the left pane you should see the server name, drill down to Arrays->Perc Subsystem->PERC 3 Array->Group 0 (zero). In the right pane it should tell what type of array it is.

all I see is Dell OM Applications\Dell OpenManage\Dell OpenManage, after I login I don't see Arrays; could it be that the Array was setup in Cotrl M instead of windows mode?

Sounds like Array Manager wasn't installed. You'll need to reboot and CTRL-M.

thanks, I ran the diagnostic utility from dell after the array rebuild, it says "scsi controller status is working properly" should i reboot and CTRL-M to look at it?

If the array rebuilt successfully, you're good to go. You can check it if you want to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back