Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Potential problems? Migrating apps from 5.5 to 2k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therick

Programmer
Mar 20, 2001
US
Could someone please advise me as to the potential problems that might arise from migrating Outlook forms (and potentially other apps built for 5.5) to Exchange 2k? I understand that permissions might have to be changed for users to install the apps on Exchange 2k. I also understand that any apps that use the 5.5 event scripting engine could have problems in 2k (could someone provide specifics on this?). What else should I think about before developing a deployment plan. I know that utilities exist that analyze Notes and other mailing system's apps to determine the potential problems. Is there such a utility for Exchange 2k?

Thanks,

Rick

By default Event Service is off on 2000 and requires special configuration to be enabled. This is on the CD I think.

Built a test server and drop the forms on it and see if they work.

Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back