Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PostSript printing of .EPS file

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdigby

Technical User
Apr 9, 2004
Stryggling here..New to PostScript so I'm try to take it a pieces at a time. The ultimate end is to put together a magazine ad before the middle of next week with 4 color separation, etc. I loaded a "Generic" PostPrint driver from Adobe and set it up to print to a file....but there is no file extension added to the filenamr and when I put .eps on just for the heck of it, a "filght test" program I am using to test the files does not recognize it as a eps file. I really don't have a good understanding of the relationship between .ps, .eps, and .pdf so a link to good simple overview would also help.
Thaks,
Randy

Your printfile likely has PJL control codes surrounding the PostScript. Those are codes that tell your printer "hey, PostScript on the way...".

Open the file in a text editor and delete everything before the "%!PS" line and after the last "%%EOF" line.

PostScript is a programming language. EPS files are PostScript programs structured in a specific way to act as placeable images. PDF is a document structure that uses the PostScript imaging model internally, but is static (no programming code) and constructed as a collection of objects and indices to those objects.

Thomas D. Greer
Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back