Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Postscript Font

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyd380

IS-IT--Management
Nov 23, 2004
US
I have two postscript fonts that used to work and now they don't. I have tried them on 3 different computers, 2 on OS 10.3.7 and 1 on 10.2.8. I have tried to see them in 2 different applications and nothing. The font book will not even let me select them to load unless I put the extension .ttf behind them and I think this isn't helping either. Is there anything I can do to make these fonts work?

Thanks,

Bill

Where do you have them installed?

On OSX they might be in the general Library/Fonts, or in User/Library/Fonts, or in a fonts folder for a particular applications.

If you have Classic installed, try loading them into System Folder/Fonts. OSX will display the fonts in this folder, but if you use a Classic application, that app will not show fonts loaded in any of the various OSX fonts folders. Due to Quark 4 & Pagemaker 6.5, I install all fonts in the System Folder/Fonts.

Just be careful. The Classic system is System Folder. OSX is just labelled System.

Well I have tried to put the font in every folder and over the past few days I have learned it is a Type 1 TTF. I think my problem is that I am missing the bitmap part of the font. It shows up as a font suit case but thats it. I can't seem to find the fonts anywhere to re-download them. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to keep this updated for when and if I fix the problem.

I don't think it is "Type 1 TTF". Rather, it is either Postscript (PS) Type 1 (which fits with your missing the bitmap), or it is TrueType (TTF) (which doesn't need the bitmap).

Software: XL2002 on Win2K
Humanware: Older than dirt

Your right its a Postscript Type 1. I guess I got confused. I hate fonts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back