Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Postscript error: timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

anewc2

Technical User
May 29, 2002
US
We recently bought a second-hand Tektronics Phaser 740, to use on our Macintosh (9.1) Ethernet network. It seems to print text and small graphics (say 3K) just fine, but chokes on more reasonably-sized graphics files. Activating the Error handler, I find:

ERROR: timeout (COMMAND TYPE: nametype)
OFFENDING COMMAND: timeout "timeout"

followed by the operand stack, which is always different, and the dictionary and execution stacks, which are always the same.

This same printer was printing photographs just fine on the Windows network of the person who sold it to us.

The problem happens from several different computers (all with more than 1 GB of disk space), several different programs (Internet Exploere, iCab, Photoshop, PictureViewer).

Having the same problem on a different printer (HP 1200C/PS.
Have tried all I can think about from drivers, timeout values (both postscript options and driver, ctrl-D in front and back, etc. About 30 to 40 seconds after a print job, out comes a single page with the "ERROR: timeout ...." message. I'm just trying to figure out how to turn it off or stop it from printing. Any suggestion based on your situation?

Has anyone found a solution for this? I have the same problem with one single user printing to HP2100.

Greg

I am having this exact same problem with a n Apple LaserWriter Select 360. It is connected to a cable/dsl router/printserver (Asante FR3004LC) via a parallel printer cable. I'm using Mac OS 9.2.2 with a dp G4 and a desktop LPR using the LaserWriter 8.7.1 . Did anyone figure this out? It really seems to be waiting a long time for something, but I can't figure out how to change the printer driver options on a Mac. Thanks, thepanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back