Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

posting forms with PHP for windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielemasson

Programmer
Apr 6, 2002
CO
Hi every1 !!!

im just havin troubles when posting forms with PHP on windows ! , we all know that every field in the posted form can be used as a variable in the script that handles this form, but i always get an error saying that the variable is undefined !, for example if the text field is named "name" the variable in the script that will handle the form does not recognize $name as a variable !!! im using WinNT 4.0 on IIS ... any tip or advice will be very helpful THANKS !!!

If you are using PHP 4.1+ register_globals is automatically off. Therefor you have to use the $_POST[name] (or $_GET[name] depending on the method used) variable instead of just $name. //Daniel

OUCH!
I didn't know this! It baffled me for half a day. I couldn't figure out why the variables weren't given any assignment. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Just curious, are there references I can check upon for these kind of little issues? I am also running it on windows xp with apache and php 4.2.2.

Thanks again.

All I can say is RTFM, as all of this is mentioned there. //Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back