Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Posting Excel page on the Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

flareman

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
I posted an Excel based calculation on the web. I wrote the underlying Excel routine on my Laptop and published as a web page. I edited the page and put it on the server.
I can read the server version from my Desktop but not from my Laptop, which seems strange I can still read it on the Laptop from the hard drive but when I try to pull it up from the web all I get is a couple of reserved spaces and no spreadsheet or charts. The page is at .I have to believe that it must be my browser settings but I can't work out which and I'm very frustrated because the intention here is to provide a service for others and I can't even debug my own machine.
Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
[dazed]
David

Could be you need to enable Active X settings - check this out in the Security tab in Internet Explorer Properties, Internet Zone.

Thanks but I tried enabling everything I can find and still no joy. I did wonder whether I'm running out of temporary space because my hard drive is chocker (only about 150 Mb free) but it seems like a stretch.
I do get a yellow triangle message which says "... may not display properly .. syntax .. error in line 2 character 29 ..", but there's no character 29 in line 2 (or 1 thru 6) which should kill me like this. I don't have this problem on other machines or with other pages.
If anyone wants to look at the <html> be my guest.
[dazed]
David

I believe Excel uses FrontPage extensions that may not be installed on your server?
I've had problems with an Excel sheet displaying properly until I altered much of the coding
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back