Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Posted Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

asripuram

Instructor
May 3, 2006
GB
Hi,

I have spotted a key on one of our clients sites which I have tried to re-create on our in-house switch but can't seem to get working.

The key is post-msg. I have checked all the Avaya Documentation. It is definitely turned on in our system on the customer options. I have given myself a post-msg key.

When I press it, it highlights with 01:In Meeting.
Apparently you are supposed to press post-msg again to keep scrolling through the messages, however this doesn't seem to work.

I have discovered, however, that if I press post-msg followed by a number on the keypad, I can choose a different message that way. BUT when I press # it's as if it cancels the whole thing rather than staying lit.

I have also tried using the Feature access code and this doesn't seem to work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks Ash

I use posted messages and to access this I press the post-msg key several times to find the right message, then I press # activate this. The message is then displayed in the top left hand corner of the phones display (4621 SWIP phones).
In ASA use the command "change display-messages posted-message" to view the defined messages and or create new ones.

Hi,

This is what I have already tried and this doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions? I have a feeling we are on a low release of communication manager.

I have a client with the latest realease. I shall try it on their switch. This may be the answer.

Thanks Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back