Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post sp3 install of remote tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

sowens

Technical User
Mar 7, 2006
IE
Hi,

After installing sms2003 sp3 I need to install the remote tools, however if I run the origional setup disks (SP2) it tells me that since its at sp3 it will quit, if I run it from add remove progs it wont give me the option as its not installed!

Help!!

Tks

Simeon

Im not up to date with the release versions, but is there not a SP3 version of the Remote Tools?

Neil J Cotton
Technical Consultant
Anix Group Ltd

Thanks

yes i presume there is - but when you install the SP it just does it on the installed version and dosent give you options to add extra options. The only way I know to install these options is to run the CD install again, which wont run as the version on the server is later than that on the CD.

Dear me, you're best waiting for one of the other guys that still work with SMS and are upto date with the goings on.

Sorry. Tim will be along in a minute no doubt....he has no social life.

Neil J Cotton
Technical Consultant
Anix Group Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back