Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post- Routing in a pre-route design

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSAtechman

Technical User
Jun 21, 2009
SA
we have been using ICM 5.0 with SS7 Nic and Nortel IVR as a network IVR ( pre-route TDM design) for a telecom provider
, we route the calls to agents via the AVAYA ACD also connected to the GSM network

we need to add post - route functionality to this, we been unsuccessful so far, any suggestions?

Is this multisite deployment, or a single site?
I'm going to take a wild guess here, so you have your IN connecting to the SS7 INAP, through to the Routers, into ICM, picks the agent, then lable sent back to IN and calls go directly onto the ACD right?
If that's the case, I can only see that you could do post route once the call has arrived into your Avaya environment. That said, instead of picking up the agents at ICM, you could perhaps default route the calls to Avaya and takes things from there?

yes its a multi-site deployment, you are right about the routing design, we did try to do a post-route ( adjunt-route via CVLAN), for example agent dials a VDN , the Post-route routing client is avaya
we did get the notification within ICM also - a script was trigerred , we then did a Translation to VRU to nortel periphonics ..this is where we failed

right, so from what you are saying, you take the call into post routing, but need to go back to periphonics, is this network IVR?
It sounds like you are "trumboning" the calls a bit~~
How did you route the call into Avaya via ICM? You look for an agent, or simply returning a lable?
Once the call has arrived at Avaya, the physical connection will be between the IN and Avaya, what did you do then to send the call back to periphonics? as the call would have been successfully routed.

One thing you could try, in your CICM script that triggers the call, have a new set variable node, and set Network Transfer Enabled = 1, and see if it works?

right NETWORK IVR, the call got successfully routed, the requeirment is to send the call back to periphonics to specific menus like pin change request this , or re-hear account bill info .mainly on callers request

i presume since we use type 3 network IVR ,this is not possible.

have you enabled NetworkTransfer in the script, it's worth looking into. Bascially, what this does is that the NAM will take back the call and another call made to the IVR.
Looking at what you have, it seems that this is the only way you could put the call back to the network IVR. Unless you have consult transfer enable in your network, so the agent can make a warm transfer to the network IVR. Otherwise, Network Transfer is the only way forward.

Actually this is not tramboning.

I Also have tried the Network transfer through the script , it don't work .

The point is ,since the the GSM network and Network IVR rely on Correlationid generated by ICM , and when after the call got successfully routed to Avaya ACD, is the correlation ID lost at the network level ?

if the correlationID is still active at both NetworkIVR and GSM network then it will be just a label instruction from ICM through SS7Nic, isnt?

I think you need to enable that feature on the PG first though. Read up on it and see if it works. Trouble is, i can't see how you could put the call back to the Network IVR, without using Blind Network Transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back