Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post issue with NMHTTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuilderSpec

Programmer
Dec 24, 2003
GB
Hi

I am using the supplied example with Borland 6 called HTTPDEMO is order to prove a concept I am trying to do, simply post data to a website

I have an ASP web page which simply shows the data that has been posted called posttest.asp. in it I have code that says <%=request.form%> to display the posted data.

On the example location is " , obviously substituted with fake page name. In the example the Post Data is "txtName=Someone".

When I send the data the response shows as :

<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Postdata is : txtName%3DSomeone</p>

it looks like my Post Data has been URLEncoded before the call which I don't know how to prevent or correct. I don't Encode it before it is sent as far as I know. The code from the example says :

NMHTTP1->Post(Edit2->Text, Edit3->Text);
Memo3->Text = NMHTTP1->Header;
Memo4->Text = NMHTTP1->Body;

Edit2 is a textbox for the URL and Edit3 is a textbox for the Post Data I want to provide.Memo3 and Memo4 are just TMemos to show the results of the header and body part of the call.

Does anyone know why the page sees it as txtName%3DSomeone and not txtName=Someone ? My issue is that I want to use this to interface to existing pages that I don't control so I need to correct this on the client side.

Any help appreciated thanks

BuilderSpec

Hope this helps!

Regards

BuilderSpec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back