Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post here? Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikermann

Instructor
Jan 22, 2002
US
Windows XP 5.1 SP3

Recently reloaded Windows, and, thus, programs; have tried to do all the updates I could find needed; but in WordPerfect 12 Office (my wordprocessing program) my monitor screen does not scroll as smoothly and quickly as it did previously; as I move up/down a page, the image doesn't flow, but jumps in "waves" as if it's only able to load a section at a time; doesn't seem to be a mouse issue, nor does it seem to be present on Illustrator, or other; looking in My Computer / Hardware / Device Manager, the only item under the yellow question mark is "Video Controller (VGA Compatible) ... but I can't figure out what's needed there; ran BelArc Advisor, but I can't decipher what I should find missing there.

Any direction about how to eliminate this?

Many thanks.

You need to load the correct video driver for the video chip you have. Don't know what that is, as you have given no model number for the system. If BA can't tell you the video chipset (Intel,AMD,Nvidia) Try CPU-Z It's free, and can identify the video card/chipset. Download the correct driver and you should be all set, after it installs and you reboot the computer.

Agreed - the jumping vs. smooth scrolling with the side scroll bar is a symptom of no video driver as in the following picture of device manager.
Link

@hikermann

In the future it will be helpful to title your post with words that will help you and other to find similar posts in the future.

Example: monitor screen does not scroll as smoothly as it did before XP reload.

That is much more helpful than
Post here? Thanks for any help

I probably should have substituted, post Subject for post Title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back