Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POST / GET Encoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

SON1

Programmer
Nov 21, 2004
CY
I am sending form data (text fields in greek language) to a servlet. When i am using the GET method the data appear correct. However when i am using the POST data they do not appear correctly. I think there is something wrong with the POST encoding. Anyone knows how to overcome this problem ?

thanx

C.

This is probably a JavaScript question (by which I mean that your solution will probably come in the form of JavaScript), but I could be wrong.

Certainly, however, we would need an example of what you're talking about before we could help. What do you mean by "do no appear correctly"?

Dave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O Time, Strength, Cash, and Patience! [infinity]

SON1, please supply the code you're using to encode your http POST, and the code you're using to process this in the servlet. Otherwise we can't help yuu.

Tim

Thanx guys for your interest i solved the solution with making a global filter which encodes requestes and responses to UTF-8. Problem Solved

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back