Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

post FrontPage forms to database and send confirmation email

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfhall

Programmer
Jul 18, 2001
US
I have created a work request form in FrontPage and the data is posting to an Access database. I would like a confirmation email sent to individuals responsible for completing the requests. In using the FrontPage form options I must choose between the two (email or database) and cannot choose both. Is what I want to do possible and if so, how??

Many thanks.

Hi,
I am trying to do this same thing, as rfhall. Can anyone help us out? Thanks.

Jerome

Jerome, I tried the code and it did create a simple email form. However, the information did not post to the database. This is a consistent problem with any variation of code I try.

Robin

Hi Robin,
I think what you can do is go through FRONTPAGE and set up the portion to send the information to the database, and then put the email portion in the .html view, under the section that has the information going to the database. I think the code will be assigned to the submit button. I haven't tried this yet, but I will, once I get a lot of other things off of my plate:) Let me know if this works. I would really like to know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back