Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post-Call Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

fesman

Technical User
Sep 24, 2003
US
These are my thoughts on this issue so far, I believe I am going in the wrong direction and I'm wondering how other companies complete these transactions:

I am trying to figure out how to build a post-call survey system. We have a Definity G3R V11, IVR system driven by Cisco ISN/ICM, and we have a custom Cisco CTI client.

What I would like to do is be able to prompt and flag a call while still in our IVR system for the survey, transfer the call out of the IVR location to one of our call centers, and once the agent/customer portion of the call is complete return to the IVR for the survey.

Our IVRs transfer out to CCC via Post Route Translation Routing. ACD routing is VDN to Vector to Hunt Group; our agents are not allowed to release calls and will not know about the caller's participation.

The problem I have been unable to figure out is how to get the call out of the switch back up into the IVR for additional processing and how to connect the call back to the agent login ID for reporting purposes.

I had thought about an additional *8 transfer back up to the IVR, but the associates do not release the calls (at least they are not supposed to) to allow me to take back vectoring control of the call and send the dtmf digits, and even if I could get to this step I would not be able to report on the survey results at the agent login ID level.

Thanks for your help!

Not sure exactly how, but this would need to be controlled via the ISN. Probably a question you'd want to ask in the Cisco fourm. The call is still controlled via the ISN even though the talk path is via the defenity. The ISN has the ability to track each segment of the call. The fact that you are using the Cisco CTI should enable visability as to which agent got the call. You may need to have the agent dial some sort of code to signal the ISN to take the call back and deliver it to the survey. (or a route point vdn that tells it to go to the survey)

I know this is possible, be cause I just worked on a cisco ISN system that was controlling an ICM, TDM IVR and Cisco call manger. the calls came into the gateway, was delivered to the TDM IVR for processing, then was handed back to the ISN, and delivered to the agent. basically the same thing you want to do. I remeber there being a code that the IVR sent back to the ISN telling it the call was complete in the IVR and needed to go somewhere else.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but like i said maybe on the cisco ICM board they can help.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

Thanks I will post it over there as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back