Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to use more than one table in a form? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

buee04

Technical User
Jun 27, 2002
US
Hi,

I'm new to this whole database field and I'm working on my first project using Access 2000. This is probably a simple question whether or not if it's possible, but is there a way to use different tables as the record source in the same form? If so, please help me (without coding cuz it's just not working for me).

Thanks.

if they tables are related you can create a query containing the tables, join them, and add the field that you want to use in the form. then base the form on the query that you created.

Yes it's possible.

Switch to the forms tab and select new. Click on the Form Wizard and select the main table you wish to use and click next, then select the fields that you want.

In the top left corner there is a Graphic and below that is a combo box. Select the other table that you want to use and select the required fields. Repeat for each table and then follow the rest of the wizard.

Access will produce a form based on your selections. If it fails then there is a problem with your table and relationship design

Neil Berryman
IT Trainer
neil_berryman@btopenworld.com

OF COURSE! Never though about using a query! Kudos Keberhard!

Cheers to Neil also. I've never paid attention to that drop down box before. After all this time, who would've thought it was that easy?!

And to think, I didn't think it was possible so designed my db to have different forms each with a different table but then that gave me trouble trying to synchronize them. But I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back