Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to show multiple text values in crosstab as summarized fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellguy

Programmer
Aug 14, 2001
CA
Hello all

I've been trying to create something like this. It is basically a crosstab of departments & approvers versus the spend limits. I want to show the names of the staff that fall under each dollar value within department. Each summary could be multiple staff names. My current crosstab only shows the MINIMUM or MAXIMUM employee name, depending on the type of summary selected.

crosstab_pst7z8.jpg

I don't think it's possible but thought it worth asking anyway. I appreciate all responses.

Thanks

SAP Crystal Reports 2016 SP 7 Patch 5

You could approximate this by adding the employee name field as a row as well as a summary field. Then you could suppress the row field. The names would appear in the appropriate columns, but would be positioned according to where their name is in the row field, rather than directly below each other.

Otherwise, you could create this with a manual crosstab, where you would group on department and approver and then write conditional formulas based on summary ranges, like this:

If sum({table.amt},{table.approver}) in 25000.00 to 49999.99 then {table.employee}

Place these formulas, one for each range, in the detail section. Should work.

-LB

I already made a manual crosstab in case no solution was available. I'll give your crosstab workaround a try and let you know. I prefer a crosstab so it handles additional limits going forward.

Thanks LB, I can always count on you to reply and offer a solution.

Regards, LME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back