Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to resize the SBT window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captsnappy

Programmer
Feb 19, 2009
US
We're running SBT on Windows 10 machines. Cannot resize the main SBT window. Was this ever possible? I cannot remember. Some users are asking how to resize.
Thanks!

Trey Harris
hdb
Houston

I am not sure if it can be done with a setting change.
What version are you using ? Do you have the source code ?

Edgar
Integrated Bar Code Systems, Inc.

Ye Olde 5.0i. I do have source code, I do have VFP 5.0. I was looking yesterday for the SBT main window form. But maybe it isn't a form?

Thanks, Edgar.

Trey Harris
hdb
Houston

Program file: SBT.prg
Look for :
MODIFY WINDOW SCREEN ;
TITLE "SBT Pro Series" ;
ICON FILE "PRO.ICO" ;
NOGROW ;
NOZOOM ;
NOCLOSE

Change to For example:

MODIFY WINDOW SCREEN ;
TITLE "SBT Pro Series" ;
ICON FILE "PRO.ICO" ;
NOGROW ;
NOCLOSE

This allows user to be able to max main window.

Good Luck

Edgar
Integrated Bar Code Systems, Inc.

Thanks for telling me where to look, Edgar. But my users want to resize the main window - it already is maxed when they run it.
From looking at the VFP9 documentation seems like I should replace

NOGROW
with
GROW

from the doc:
GROW
Allows you to resize a user-defined window using the keyboard or mouse. If you omit GROW, you cannot size the window except using the SIZE WINDOW command in a program or in the Command window.

NOGROW
Prevents the window from being resized except by the SIZE WINDOW command in a program or in the Command window.

And maybe replace NOZOOM with ZOOM in order to let users maximize...

Bigger question now: what unintended consequences might I see with these mods? I have to wonder why SBT didn't allow for window resizing?

Trey Harris
hdb
Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back